For background on what this project is about, read this post.
Expressing Your Opinions to Project Staff
If you have opinions you wish to express to the project staff, you can send them as follows.
If you want to e-mail your comments, send to both of the following:
- Bruce Gerland, Consultant Project Manager, AECOM: email@example.com
- Scott Schatschneider, Director of Public Works, City of Stevens Point: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you send through the US Mail, send to:
Bruce Gerland, PE
200 Indiana Avenue
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Next Public Meeting
A comment at a February meeting between project staff and the Southside Business Association indicates that there is currently no set timeframe for selecting a preferred design alternative. Project staff also mentioned that it was unlikely any such selection would occur by spring of 2014.
I will use this space to post information as it becomes available regarding future public meetings about this project.
The city webpage for this project can be accessed here. Numerous project documents can be accessed via this page.
Below I list links that should be useful for accessing documents from the city’s webpage for this project. I intend to keep up as the project adds documents and updates its pages, but I may fall behind on occasion. If any of the links below become broken, all documents should be accessible by navigating the links from the main project webpage above.
Here are links to the presentation documents and lists of PDFs from past meetings. The PDF lists contain links to handouts, posters, videos, and other materials that were available at meetings.
- 1/23/13 Presentation: Overview of project from first public meeting
- 5/16/13 Presentation: Discussion of preliminary alternatives from second public meeting
- 10/14/13 Presentation: Project status update from October Board of Public Works meeting
- 11/20/13 Presentation: Discussion from third public meeting about project needs, public involvement process, and viability for proposed alternatives
Below are some of the links from these PDF pages that I feel are particularly useful.
- From the second public meeting in May 2013:
- From the October 2013 Board of Public Works meeting:
- South section alternatives 1 (~11 MB)
- South section alternatives 2 (~11 MB)
- South section alternatives 3 (~12 MB)
- Central section alternatives 1 (~12 MB)
- Central section alternatives 2 (~ 13 MB)
- Central section alternatives 3 (~13 MB)
- North section alternatives 1 (~ 10 MB)
- North section alternatives 2 (~11 MB)
- Traffic simulation video (size unknown)
- From the third public meeting in November 2013
- South section alternatives (~10 MB)
- Central section alternatives (~13 MB)
- North section alternatives (~11 MB)
- Summary of project activity through the 11/20/13 meeting (small file)
The PDFs of detailed alternative designs from the third public meeting in November 2013 seem to have the same content as the PDFs of detailed alternative designs from the October 2013 Board of Public Works meeting. But it is certainly easier to compare the different alternatives at a glance by using the November 2013 PDFs than the October 2013 PDFs.
PPSP Comments to Project Staff
PPSP has sent several e-mails commenting to project staff. Links to copies of these e-mails are listed below (most recent first):
- 1/4/14 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 12/5/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 10/7/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 6/7/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 6/1/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 2/25/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 2/18/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 2/11/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
- 2/4/13 Letter from PPSP to Division/Church Study Project Staff
PPSP Comments at Public Meetings
- 12/16/13 Stevens Point Common Council Meeting: Comments regarding hiring a consultant to facilitate public involvement on the Division/Church project
Previous PPSP Posts
Below is a list of all previous PPSP posts on this project (most recent first):
- 2/14/14: Division/Church Corridor Study: February updates
- 1/14/14: Division/Church Corridor Study: City outlines federal restrictions on redesign
- 1/8/14: Division/Church Corridor Study: meeting Monday to discuss ideas for “moving forward”
- 12/19/13: Opinion: People biking and walking deserve safe and comfortable access to the Division/Church corridor
- 12/18/13: Division/Church Corridor Study: Common Council votes not to hire public involvement expert
- 12/10/13: Division/Church Corridor Study: Public involvement expert may be hired to move project forward
- 11/21/13: Division/Church Corridor Study: Report from November meeting
- 11/14/13: Division/Church Corridor Study: next public meeting Wednesday November 20
- 10/17/13: October status update on the Division/Church Corridor Study project
- 10/11/13: Division/Church Corridor Study: Updated design alternatives to be presented Monday
- 6/7/13: Next round of Division/Church corridor study comments due June 16
- 5/17/13: Report on May public meeting for Division/Church corridor study
- 5/10/13: Division/Church Corridor Study: next public meeting May 16
- 1/22/13: Report on Division/Church Corridor Public Meeting
- 1/17/13: Attend the Division/Church Corridor Project Open House on Tuesday 1/22