For background on what this project is about, read this post.
There will be plenty of opportunity for individual citizens to express their opinions about what they want to see in the final plan, scheduled to be completed in February of 2014.
Interactive Map: One excellent tool for providing public feedback is an interactive map for identifying and commenting on locations where travel by bicycle or by foot is wonderful or terrible or somewhere in-between. I provide more information about this tool in this blog post, and you can access this interactive map here.
This interactive map will likely be available for providing feedback until around mid-July. Make a point to use it to indicate bicycling and walking issues you encounter as you enjoy the warmer temps this spring and early summer.
Survey: An online survey for assessing the bicycling and walking habits of Portage County residents has been released. The survey can be accessed from this blog post on the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan website. You can learn a bit more about the survey in my writeup here. The survey will be available until May 31.
Steering Committee Meetings: The next Steering Committee meetings will likely take place in early July. When the date, time, and location of each meeting are announced and the agendas are set, I will pass that information along in this space.
In the Works: As this project continues, other opportunities for public comment on topics relevant to the bike/ped plan will become available. As such opportunities are announced, I will use this page to keep you informed of how you can contribute your opinion.
PPSP Posts: Below is a list of all previous PPSP posts on this project (most recent first):
- Report on the May committee meetings for the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan
- Portage County Bike/Ped Plan committee meetings scheduled May 14 & 15
- Portage County residents asked to share biking, walking habits via online survey
- Report on Portage County Bike/Ped Plan March 6 Steering Committee Meetings
- This Wednesday 3/6: Attend the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan Steering Committee Meetings
- Report on Public Workshop for the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan
- Have Something to Say About Biking/Walking? Be Heard at the Public Workshop This Thursday 2/28
- New Interactive Map Tool: Now You Can Share Your Most Loved/Hated Spots for Biking & Walking
- Report on First Steering Committee Meeting for the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan
- Urban & Rural Committees for Portage County Bike/Ped Plan Meet on Tuesday 1/29
- Portage County Bicycle/Pedestrian Planning Project Has Begun
Disclosure: Bob Fisch, Chief Bike Fun Officer of Poky Pedaling Stevens Point, is a member of the Urban Steering Committee for the Portage County Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning Project. Posts about this project appearing on the PPSP website are part of a broader PPSP effort to keep readers informed of bikey news in our area. Nothing posted on the PPSP website should be considered to be official communication from the Portage County Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning Project. The official website for this project can be accessed at http://portagecobikepedplan.wordpress.com.