For background on what this project is about, read this post.
Final Draft of Full Plan Document
The final draft of the full plan document is now available. Links to this document are available from this blog post on the official project website. I have reproduced the links from that post below. (Note the sizes of these files before downloading – some are large.)
- Text of bike/ped plan final draft (PDF, 6 MB, about 200 pages)
- Maps from bike/ped plan final draft (PDF, 48 MB, 16 maps)
- Safe Routes to School appendix from bike/ped plan final draft – not included in the above (PDF, 220 MB, over 200 pages)
- Bike/ped facility design toolkit to be inserted at end of Appendix C – not included in the above (PDF, 7MB, 18 pages)
The final plan document was approved unanimously by the Urban and Rural Steering Committees at their joint meeting on March 19. The slides used for the presentation during that meeting, which outlined the content of the plan document as well as the process for creating it, can be accessed here (PDF, 2MB).
The plan was then approved unanimously by the Portage County Planning and Zoning Committee at their March 25 meeting.
At their April 22 meeting, the Portage County Board of Supervisors formally adopted the bike/ped plan. By a 22-1 vote, the board overwhelmingly approved this plan as an official planning document for Portage County.
With this approval from the county board, the process of creating the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan is complete.
PPSP Posts: Below is a list of all previous PPSP posts on this project (most recent first):
- 4/22/14: It’s Official! Portage County Bike/Ped Plan overwhelmingly approved by county board
- 4/22/14: PPSP comments to the Portage County Board of Supervisors regarding the bike/ped plan
- 4/17/14: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: County board vote this Tuesday is the final step (or pedal stroke)
- 4/11/14: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: County board to hear plan presentation on Tuesday
- 3/26/14: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: County Planning & Zoning Committee approves plan unanimously
- 3/26/14: PPSP comments to Portage County Planning & Zoning Committee regarding the bike/ped plan
- 3/20/14: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Excellent discussion on final plan document concludes with committee approval
- 3/15/14: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Open house, presentation of final plan document Wednesday
- 2/17/14: Tonight’s Portage County Bike/Ped Plan meeting cancelled
- 2/12/14: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Presentation of Final Plan Document Monday
- 12/4/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Draft plan document now available for public comment
- 11/26/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Open House on December 3, plus more news
- 11/12/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Report on November steering committee meetings
- 11/8/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Steering committees will meet on Monday 11/11
- 10/2/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Report on October steering committee meetings
- 9/26/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Steering committees will meet on Tuesday 10/1
- 7/9/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Report on July steering committee meetings
- 7/4/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan: Steering committees meet Monday 7/8
- 5/27/13: Friday deadline for Bike/Ped Plan interactive map and survey feedback
- 5/16/13: Report on the May committee meetings for the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan
- 5/10/13: Portage County Bike/Ped Plan committee meetings scheduled May 14 & 15
- 4/28/13: Portage County residents asked to share biking, walking habits via online survey
- 3/7/13: Report on Portage County Bike/Ped Plan March 6 Steering Committee Meetings
- 3/3/13: This Wednesday 3/6: Attend the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan Steering Committee Meetings
- 3/2/13: Report on Public Workshop for the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan
- 2/22/13: Have Something to Say About Biking/Walking? Be Heard at the Public Workshop This Thursday 2/28
- 2/6/13: New Interactive Map Tool: Now You Can Share Your Most Loved/Hated Spots for Biking & Walking
- 1/30/13: Report on First Steering Committee Meeting for the Portage County Bike/Ped Plan
- 1/24/13: Urban & Rural Committees for Portage County Bike/Ped Plan Meet on Tuesday 1/29
- 1/20/13: Portage County Bicycle/Pedestrian Planning Project Has Begun
Disclosure: Bob Fisch, Chief Bike Fun Officer of Poky Pedaling Stevens Point, is a member of the Urban Steering Committee for the Portage County Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning Project. Posts about this project appearing on the PPSP website are part of a broader PPSP effort to keep readers informed of bikey news in our area. Nothing posted on the PPSP website should be considered to be official communication from the Portage County Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning Project. The official website for this project can be accessed at http://portagecobikepedplan.wordpress.com.